Monday, September 10, 2007

Finally, an update!



First of all, it's time for a much needed update! Second of all, I need to post on "the baby!" Not exactly a baby, but he is the youngest. Reed turned 16 months old last week and is keeping right up with his big brother. He says a ton of words like: Mommy, Daddy, Sissy, Bubba, bear, ketchup, yes, NO, baby out, good night, hello, shoe, cup, cookie. His pediatrician is amazed because she says that most kids his age speak 5-10 words but he says so many more and can even repeat a lot of what we say. What can we say - we raise geniuses!

So now Jack is finally talking and Reed says almost as much as him! I told you all that I would raise them as twins! And by the way, they are not twins! I seriously get asked this question every single day at least once! My friend Kim thought I was kidding but she can now attest to it. Maybe I should buy them shirts that say "Irish Twins!" And then put them in them every day - it would save me a lot of explanation!?

Now, Reed may be very advanced but he is even more serious. No kidding, the guy will stare you down. He very rarely smiles for anyone and only does so when he wants to. I guess he's his own little person and will do what he wants! So he has earned the obvious nickname "Mr. Serious!" His Uncle Nick also named him "train wreck" because he must fall down 100 times a day. He's almost like the ball in a pinball machine. He runs into the table, bounces off of it, into the chair, then into the couch, and then falls down. It's too funny to watch - poor baby Reed!

Okay, so for those keeping track here are the kids weights by comparison - astonishing! Camden 35 lbs., Jackson 32 lbs., and Reed almost 29 lbs.! How's that? I guess the princess has nothing to fear with her LITTLE brothers watching over her!

No comments: